The mosque is located in one of the liveliest spots of the city on the corner of 866 Street by the Yemiş Çarşısı in the Kemeraltı quarter. With a courtyard extending from the northern facade to the east, the mosque has a single-domed, square-planned harim. The mosque consists of a last congregation section on the north, a minaret on the east, and a library and a medrese on the northeast. Additionally, there is a fountain in the courtyard and a public fountain on the adjacent street. The mosque was commissioned by Yusuf Çavuşzade Ahmed Ağa according to the foundation register, dated AD 1671. The building also contains repair inscriptions dated AD 1812, 1882-3, and 1883-4.