Fazlıoğlu Inn

Also known as the Hacı Mehmed Paşa Inn, the rectangular two-story building had a courtyard and cloisters on the second floor. While the exact date of construction is unknown, it is estimated around the third quarter of the 17th century based on its mention in Evliya Çelebi’s Book of Travels. The insurance plans of 1905 certify that the inn was mostly in its original design at the time, though a large portion was demolished during the construction of Yeni Kavaflar Bazaar. Today, the southeast side and the entrance of the building is still intact.