Located between Palancılar Street and Ütücüler or Beşyüzelli Street (currently Street no. 1313), Sulu Han is estimated to date back to the 17th century. With a courtyard in the middle, the main sections of the asymmetrical building were of cut stone while the remaining sections were built of hammer-dressed stone and brick. Initially serving long distance caravans, the inn was then used by dried fruit and grain merchants, carpenters, tailors and the ready-to-wear industry, as the caravan trade lost popularity in the 19th century. Today, the original design of the inn has mostly been lost.