The first warehouse/office structures of the quay were actually a part of a warehouse complex consisting of nine identical units. As the warehouses changed owners over time and as some were demolished, the remaining five-unit structure was used as a dried fruit, grain and cotton warehouse, and as offices by a variety of companies. The building survived the 1922 fire with minor damages. Part of the warehouses were destroyed to expand the nearby road. The remaining units remained in use until the 1950s.