Omonoia Hotel

Surrounded by warehouses on three sides, the building was constructed in the 19th century. Its wall facing First Kordon Street was rather long. Constructed for commercial use, the ground floor had three wide entrances, wide storage areas, offices and shops. The upper levels operated as a hotel to provide accommodation services to merchants. Initially known as “Grand Hotel du Commerce,” the hotel was renamed as Omonoia (La Concorde) Hotel in 1893. Partially damaged in the 1922 fire, the building was renovated and used for a while longer. The building has not survived.

Photo Gallery