Constructed between 1867-1886 on the 150-meter breakwater on the north end of Izmir’s closed harbor, the complex consisted of three different units. The building on the Kordon side was a customs office, while the 80-meter long building in the middle was operated by port management. The breakwater’s width reached 20 meters on the Kordon side, 10 meters in the middle and dropped to around 5 meters at the end. There was a green beacon at the end of the breakwater to warn arriving ships. The Pasaport buildings were destroyed by the 1922 fire. In 1926, two new structures were constructed on their location. These now operate as a ferry port and police station.