Post Offices

With a facade decorated with Ancient Greek figures, the single-story building with a passage is believed to have been constructed in the late 19th century at the intersection of Osmanlı Postahane Street and First Kordon Avenue. The 2nd floor was added in 1890. In addition to the French, Russian, German and Italian postal services, the building also housed “Messageries Maritimes”, an international transportation company, “Paterson & Co.” involved in food trade, “MacAndrews & Forbes” trading licorice, the Royal Insurance Company, and the French bank “Credit Foncier”. The building was destroyed in the 1922 fire.

Photo Gallery