National Bank of Turkey

At the current intersection of Gazi and Cumhuriyet Boulevards, there used to be a two-story building. The ground floor was a café while the upper level used to be a corn exchange. When the exchange office moved to another building in Kordon, the building comprised offices, shops and cafés. Renovations in the early 20th century added another floor to the building. In 1918 it was renovated again and operated by the National Bank of Turkey owned by the “British Trade Corporation.” The building was destroyed in the 1922 fire.

Photo Gallery