New Hunters Club

The previous building constructed in the 19th century as a café called “Neos Kosmos” was extensively renovated in 1902 and switched its purpose. The New Hunters Club, founded by former members of the Hunters Club, is a symbol of conflict among the elite in Smyrna. Located at the intersection of Galazio Street and First Kordon Avenue, the New Hunters Club was directly across from the Hunters Club. The place also had a garden on the sea-view side. The Club served various food and dessert and organized balls accompanied by live music. The building was destroyed in the 1922 fire.

Photo Gallery